CICSA chain ends DIN are well known for offering robust, long-lasting solutions and reliable results in a number of material handling applications, especially those featuring heavy loads and harsh operating conditions.
CICSA chain ends DIN are manufactured according to DIN standards. The materials that CICSA uses to produce these steel chains are micro-alloy steels specially designed by steelworks, with high Mn content for type 2H, and Ni-Cr and Ni-Cr-Mo alloys for the other types.
In order to obtain the best possible features, CICSA chains of all types are subject to over-refined heat treatments, comprising high depth carburizing. The welding process, the strength for CICSA, is performed with state-of-the-art technology.
The results of our manufacturing process are:
- Microstructures with fine grain and very tough core, with a gradual transition from the hardened to the inner area;
- Breaking forces equal or higher than those established by the DIN 764-766 grade 2 or 3 standards;
- High resistance to wear and tear;
- Carburising depth equal to a min. of 0.1 diameter up to 0.21 diameter;
- Effective case hardening depth up to 30 tenths of mm CHD 550 HV1 EN ISO2639 (Eht 550 HV1 according to DIN 50190/1);
- Extremely high surface hardness, even over 64 HRC (800HV30);
- Excellent performance even in demanding applications, for example the transport of hot and/or highly abrasive material (clinker, slag, pozzolana, etc.), high speed, high dynamic load or significant fatigue stress.
Chains with chemically very stable structure are also available. They are useful to withstand chemical aggression, for example during the transport of sulphur-containing wet coal.
CICSA chains type 2H, 3H, 3HS, 3HX, S3, S4 are all carefully calibrated and therefore comply with category A of the standards (calibrated chains).